PANRE-LA Removed and Replaced Questions

Here is the TL/DR as best I can recall. Removed question means it sucked and they tossed it. Replaced question means you will get another question in a later quarter that will replace the one already answered.

Removed question, if you got it right, won't change your score. Removed, if you got it wrong will improve your score.

Replaced question if you got the first one wrong and the replacement question wrong doesn't hurt you because you replaced a wrong answer with a wrong answer. If you got the first one right and the replacement question wrong it hurts your score because the one you got right has been replaced with the one you got wrong.

Replaced questions are picked because 1) you got it wrong or 2) you got it right but graded it highly relevant and low confidence so you got another one in the same subject.

That is my best summary. Your mileage may vary.

Additional info. I did my first 10 questions for this quarter and they have reached a new level of suck. Wrong answers, multiple choices that are all correct but you have to pick the NEXT thing to do, one that is so far removed from primary care common knowledge you couldn't see it with a telescope  and, one that was personal fav, a question where all the answers were non medical...more like suggestions you might make. Have fun kids.

Edited by sas5814
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, sas5814 said:

first 10 questions for this quarter and they have reached a new level of suck. Wrong answers, multiple choices that are all correct but you have to pick the NEXT thing to do, one that is so far removed from primary care common knowledge you couldn't see it with a telescope  and, one that was personal fav, a question where all the answers were non medical...more like suggestions you might make. Have fun kids

Grreeaaattt. Looking forward to it. 

• Haha 1

I don't really understand what Scott explained up above.

Logging in to NCCPA showed me that I had 2 questions thrown out in Q1 of my cycle and zero questions in Q2.

I am not sure what that means or how it impacted my scores.

The questions are not clinically real or appropriate to 99% of ambulatory providers.

I have not delved in to this quarter yet but have a sense of dread.

It sucks to "learn" how to test rather than LEARN something medical or refresh knowledge.

My spidey sense tells me whoever writes these questions has not donned a stethoscope in a decade or worked full time in ambulatory care. 

• Like 1

Decided to plow through just to get it over with. Worst quarter yet. Apparently walking around knowledge includes a lot of ER experience including really sick infants and the ability to make a diagnosis and "next thing to do" treatment plan from a 1 view pelvis x-ray on an old man.

My understanding is you get scored on your best 8 quarters. This was #7 for me. If I am passing after next quarter I may not take the rest, Color me frustrated and a bit disgusted.

2 hours ago, sas5814 said:

My understanding is you get scored on your best 8 quarters. This was #7 for me. If I am passing after next quarter I may not take the rest, Color me frustrated and a bit disgusted.

yup   as soon as pass pops up I am done....

• Like 1