18 minutes ago, PA13YOO said:

I just am confused. I received another email saying my application was in queue to be reviewed again on June 25th. My application was received by the University on May 3rd and my last reference put their recommendation on May 10th. I feel like it should have already been looked at

i feel like you should have been looked at already too. one of the applicants from early June already was sent an interview. keep your head up you haven't had a rejection so your still up for the next interview dates. i was told its a scoring system , those who score the highest will get the interview. I copied and pasted it for you below in case for reference. 

Admissions Decision Process

The application and admissions processes for the PA Studies Hybrid Program does not favor specific groups or individuals based on their personal or social identities.

Student admissions decisions are made in accordance with these practices:

• Screening of Applications: Upon receipt of a verified application from the CASPA service, the Director of Admissions Tara McSwigan and the rest of the Admissions Committee (which includes the Program Director, all full-time faculty, select current students, and program staff), along with program staff, award points for certain applicant criteria and characteristics, and the total points are used to decide who is invited to interview for a seat in the program.  These criteria and characteristics include:
    • Health care experience and level of experience – Higher scores are awarded for longer service and at higher levels of patient care
    • Diploma and degree - While a bachelor’s degree is required, a graduate degree is scored higher
    • Grade Point Averages (GPAs) – Higher undergraduate and specific prerequisite science GPAs receive higher scores
    • Scoring of personal statements – Higher scores are awarded based on the strength of evidence of desire to be a PA, understanding of the role of a PA, demonstration of understanding of the program mission, evidence of how one’s background, qualifications, and/or identies match and/or support the mission, language and writing skills, and editorial care
    • Letters of Reference – Scores are compiled from the quality of the letter and score provided by the recommender in CASPA 

43 minutes ago, Futurepa2222 said:

is there anyone here who applied to this hybrid program who is coming from another profession? or is everyone here coming out from undergrad?

I've been working in mental health/behavioral health since 2019, but have been working on prerequisites since then. So I guess I'm considered nontraditional. I think this brings something special to the table though and makes a for a diverse cohort. (I graduated with my BS in Psych in 2018)

3 hours ago, Futurepa2222 said:

is there anyone here who applied to this hybrid program who is coming from another profession? or is everyone here coming out from undergrad?

For my cohort i would say 90% of us are non-traditional applicants and have been working in healthcare for a few years. The average age I would say is 27 but we do have a a few that are straight out of undergrad. 

Edited by fiskx049
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, KAKtoPA said:

I've been working in mental health/behavioral health since 2019, but have been working on prerequisites since then. So I guess I'm considered nontraditional. I think this brings something special to the table though and makes a for a diverse cohort. (I graduated with my BS in Psych in 2018)

this is great! it does make for a very diverse cohort! lots to learn from others that are older younger and with different experiences! Fantastic! i myself have been working in the field of athletic training for almost 10 years now. 

12 hours ago, PAHOPEFULLY2024 said:

I just accepted my seat today! I interviewed in early June 🙂

How long did it take to hear back about the decision after your interview? Was it by phone or email? Also, are they requiring you to put down a seat deposit, if so, how much?

19 minutes ago, lifestyleprepa said:

How long did it take to hear back about the decision after your interview? Was it by phone or email? Also, are they requiring you to put down a seat deposit, if so, how much?

about a week after! it was by email and yes there is a deposit. i haven’t checked how much i’m putting it down tomorrow 🙂 

On 7/1/2024 at 3:28 PM, QUAYPA said:

When you got the offer for an interview, did you have to send a response to accept or were you just told the date you were scheduled?

Yes, you needed to confirm that you would attend/ or decline your interview requested date. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DFuturePAC said:

IMG_6049.thumb.png.e97229d45a9565227086e3693657f25d.png

does this mean nobody’s accepted a seat yet? If it still says 96?

The class has 100 students, and 4 have already accepted their seats. They have only conducted 1 interview so far.

5 hours ago, DaisyB said:

The class has 100 students, and 4 have already accepted their seats. They have only conducted 1 interview so far.

i think it’s wrong tbh, i accepted my seat after that and it never changed. i just kept looking to see how many people from my interview were accepted 

On 7/1/2024 at 8:31 AM, KAKtoPA said:

there was 32 (I think), in mine, but 10 were faculty. 

On 7/2/2024 at 12:30 AM, PAHOPEFULLY2024 said:

I just accepted my seat today! I interviewed in early June 🙂

Congrats!!! I accepted my seat as well! Is there a thread for our cohort? 

On 7/8/2024 at 11:46 PM, KimLincoln said:

Congrats!!! I accepted my seat as well! Is there a thread for our cohort? 

Hiii!! Yay!!! Not that i've seen. I just looked on FB actually, lol. I'm trying to set up my EXATT account. They did say in an email that we would have to pay to use EXATT, but it gives 2 options to purchase. I'm not sure if we need both (PRISM=$165 & "Approve"=$25). 

19 hours ago, KAKtoPA said:

Hiii!! Yay!!! Not that i've seen. I just looked on FB actually, lol. I'm trying to set up my EXATT account. They did say in an email that we would have to pay to use EXATT, but it gives 2 options to purchase. I'm not sure if we need both (PRISM=$165 & "Approve"=$25). 

You'll unfortunately need to do both.