4 hours ago, Futurepa2222 said:

How did both your interviews go?

4 minutes ago, jhday said:

Applied May 9th

Verified May 16th, Pitt received 16th

Invite for interview June 5th

Interviewed June 18th

Thoughts on interview: Interviews went as well as I could expect. They provided a stress free, relaxed environment. I always feel when I do interviews, I could be better but feel that I was prepared the best I could be. I had a lot of fun with the group interviews, it was engaging. The interview day was structured very well, your day was planned to the minute. Best of luck! My recommendation is to take deep breaths and conduct your interview in a place you feel the most comfortable. 

I have received this message:

6/14 & 6/25

“Your CASPA application to the Hybrid Physician Assistant Studies Program at the University of Pittsburgh (SHRS)  remains in a queue to be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.  Please keep in mind that the University of Pittsburgh Physician Assistant Studies Program receives nearly 1000 applications each cycle.  We complete careful and thorough reviews of applications.  We appreciate your patience, and we will keep you updated on the status of your application. “

Does that mean that they are putting me on hold and contacting others for interviews?

18 minutes ago, PAMVR said:

I have received this message:

6/14 & 6/25

“Your CASPA application to the Hybrid Physician Assistant Studies Program at the University of Pittsburgh (SHRS)  remains in a queue to be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.  Please keep in mind that the University of Pittsburgh Physician Assistant Studies Program receives nearly 1000 applications each cycle.  We complete careful and thorough reviews of applications.  We appreciate your patience, and we will keep you updated on the status of your application. “

Does that mean that they are putting me on hold and contacting others for interviews?

This just means they have received your application and will be reviewing it when they get to your application amongst other applicants who are also in line to be reviewed. It's a courtesy email informing you they have officially received your application as opposed to just CASPA emailing saying CASPA has sent your application to the school selected.

8 minutes ago, PAMVR said:

They sent it twice in separate occasions, so maybe I will receive it once every two weeks? 🤷‍♀️

i received them 5 days apart from one another. 6/20 and today 6/25. I think its automated. When did you submit your CASPA?

Edited by Futurepa2222

25 minutes ago, Futurepa2222 said:

did they mention to you when you should expect to hear back? can you share your stats with us? 

For me it took 20 days for an interview invitation request by email—May 16th-June 5th. This seems to be a very common statistic when compared with previous cohort/CASPA cycles for Pitt’s in-person and Hybrid programs. Statistically it looks to be an average of 3 weeks and 5 days to hear further communication/request. 

In terms of my statistics, I qualify to apply to the program and believe I am an outstanding prospective student for this program selected. My suggestion is to not be concerned about what other individuals qualifications/stats are but whether or not you’d be considered a great candidate for a program. Everyone applying has to have at least the minimum qualifications to apply to any program. Most people who apply have outstanding stats, everyone looks great statistically.  What I believe impacts the ability of receiving an interview is the personal details of who you are that can be expressed on an application. It’s determining why, you personally would be a good fit for the program. Academically and clinically, most applicants can displays this qualification off the bat in their application.  

When asking practicing PAs, what they believe made them stand out in their application, most of them all said it was due to their references and personal statement—(they never referenced their hours or grades)

I hope this insight helps! 🙂 Thanks for your questions!!

Edited by jhday

36 minutes ago, jhday said:

For me it took 20 days for an interview invitation request by email—May 16th-June 5th. This seems to be a very common statistic when compared with previous cohort/CASPA cycles for Pitt’s in-person and Hybrid programs. Statistically it looks to be an average of 3 weeks and 5 days to hear further communication/request. 

In terms of my statistics, I qualify to apply to the program and believe I am an outstanding prospective student for this program selected. My suggestion is to not be concerned about what other individuals qualifications/stats are but whether or not you’d be considered a great candidate for a program. Everyone applying has to have at least the minimum qualifications to apply to any program. Most people who apply have outstanding stats, everyone looks great statistically.  What I believe impacts the ability of receiving an interview is the personal details of who you are that can be expressed on an application. It’s determining why, you personally would be a good fit for the program. Academically and clinically, most applicants can displays this qualification off the bat in their application.  

When asking practicing PAs, what they believe made them stand out in their application, most of them all said it was due to their references and personal statement—(they never referenced their hours or grades)

I hope this insight helps! 🙂 Thanks for your questions!!

Well said! Typically the PA programs are stickler with their requirements as you may know. They can say prerequisites must be 3.2 minimum but the applicants they are interviewing have a 3.7 or higher with 4,000 hours. Looks as though this program is different then the bunch. Thank you for the insight. 

38 minutes ago, Futurepa2222 said:

i received them 5 days apart from one another. 6/20 and today 6/25. I think its automated. When did you submit your CASPA?

I submitted on 6/13. Verified 6/14. Received automated email 6/14 & 6/25.

@PAMVR Interviews went as well as I could expect. They provided a stress free, relaxed environment. In general during interviews, I always feel I could be better but I know I was prepared the best I could be for this one specifically (probably the most prepared compared to every interview I’ve ever had my entire life). I had a lot of fun with the group interviews, it was engaging. The interview day was structured very well, your day was planned to the minute.

Best of luck! My recommendation is to take intentional, deep breaths (take specific moments to do this, you’ll have some breaks in the interview to do this, reset yourself) during your interview and conduct your interview in a place you feel the most comfortable. Lastly, have fun!!! You have made it this far. You became eligible to apply to a program (that’s hard!). Be proud of yourself and hold your head high with a huge smile on your face. What you’ve accomplished leading up to this moment is outstanding all by itself. Congrats! 

32 minutes ago, jhday said:

@PAMVR Interviews went as well as I could expect. They provided a stress free, relaxed environment. In general during interviews, I always feel I could be better but I know I was prepared the best I could be for this one specifically (probably the most prepared compared to every interview I’ve ever had my entire life). I had a lot of fun with the group interviews, it was engaging. The interview day was structured very well, your day was planned to the minute.

Best of luck! My recommendation is to take intentional, deep breaths (take specific moments to do this, you’ll have some breaks in the interview to do this, reset yourself) during your interview and conduct your interview in a place you feel the most comfortable. Lastly, have fun!!! You have made it this far. You became eligible to apply to a program (that’s hard!). Be proud of yourself and hold your head high with a huge smile on your face. What you’ve accomplished leading up to this moment is outstanding all by itself. Congrats! 

I haven’t had any invite for an interview yet, but I trust the process. What is meant to be will be.

Kudos for you and I hope you hear back soon. Well deserved opportunity ☺️

4 hours ago, Futurepa2222 said:

Did anyone hear back for an interview in July? 

Nope. 
Second round of interviews is on July 18th (listed on their website). It doesn’t say it’s full and if they keep the trend, maybe they’ll send a message the first week of July 🤷‍♀️. Just assuming here.

Hi! I am also in the program second-year second semester—the very first cohort and about to graduate!—and I wanted to sent good vibes to y’all! And to the person asking about clinical sites, there is no “list”. Clinical sites are ever changing and the ones we have affiliations this year will be different than the second cohort will as well as your cohort. Try not to get too hung up on where your clinical sites will be because you need to get through didactic first before you can get to clinicals—didactic is TOUGH. Also, there is a good change you will have to travel for some of your clinical sites. Be rational with your thinking of where you live at. Just because there is a hospital right down the road or various offices does not mean they have capacity to take you on as a student, are allowed to have affiliations with Pitt due to contract reasons with other schools, or simply may not meet qualification standards through our clinical team. For example, I live in SW VA and I had my first three rotations in VA where I could stay at my house (two required a 1-1.5 hour commute there and back), rotations 4-6 I’m in Florida for, and rotations 7-8 I’ll be back in Virginia, with rotation 7 requiring me to commute 1-1.5 hours there and back. So, if traveling is not an option what so ever for you, I would really consider whether this program is for you because there is no guarantee you won’t have rotations that require you to travel just due to geographics of where you live and the various other logistics of securing clinical sites. 

Again, best of luck and feel free to ask any questions! 

Edited by User123456789

10 hours ago, fiskx049 said:

Congrats to everyone who's getting interviews! I'm in the current cohort, 1st-year second-semester didactic. Feel free to reach out with any questions! 

1 hour ago, User123456789 said:

Hi! I am also in the program second-year second semester—the very first cohort and about to graduate!—and I wanted to sent good vibes to y’all! And to the person asking about clinical sites, there is no “list”. Clinical sites are ever changing and the ones we have affiliations this year will be different than the second cohort will as well as your cohort. Try not to get too hung up on where your clinical sites will be because you need to get through didactic first before you can get to clinicals—didactic is TOUGH. Also, there is a good change you will have to travel for some of your clinical sites. Be rational with your thinking of where you live at. Just because there is a hospital right down the road or various offices does not mean they have capacity to take you on as a student, are allowed to have affiliations with Pitt due to contract reasons with other schools, or simply may not meet qualification standards through our clinical team. For example, I live in SW VA and I had my first three rotations in VA where I could stay at my house (two required a 1-1.5 hour commute there and back), rotations 4-6 I’m in Florida for, and rotations 7-8 I’ll be back in Virginia, with rotation 7 requiring me to commute 1-1.5 hours there and back. So, if traveling is not an option what so ever for you, I would really consider whether this program is for you because there is no guarantee you won’t have rotations that require you to travel just due to geographics of where you live and the various other logistics of securing clinical sites. 

Again, best of luck and feel free to ask any questions! 

Hi! I have a question. How is the flipped classroom? Do you find it difficult to learn with that style of learning? I’m also curious to know if class is 5 days a week and if your on the virtual class for 8 hours a day. Can you share the schedule you are typically in the computer for? I’m curious to know 

also, speaking on the rotations. I see that 3 of your rotations you stated are in Florida. Did you ask for those rotations to be in that state? Or is it because nothing was available in Virginia for those three rotations? Are students able to help with the location of their rotation? I just asked because I’m from the tri state area ( New York and New Jersey) I can’t imagine having to go to any other states, since there are a lot of facilities in this location. 

Just got my interview invite this morning for July 18! I got interviews for both in-person and hybrid programs. I applied at the end of May. They sent me "your application is in queue" for the in-person program but never sent anything for the hybrid one, so I thought I wasn't getting an interview for the hybrid. I was pleasantly surprised to see that email today!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaisyB said:

Just got my interview invite this morning for July 18! I got interviews for both in-person and hybrid programs. I applied at the end of May. They sent me "your application is in queue" for the in-person program but never sent anything for the hybrid one, so I thought I wasn't getting an interview for the hybrid. I was pleasantly surprised to see that email today!

Congratulations!!! That’s great to hear that they are already sending invites for interviews. Thought they would go out this week for sure! 

• Like 1