Des Moines 2024-25 Application Cycle

On 8/29/2024 at 12:52 PM, PAIowa21 said:

I did the Kira assessment a few weeks ago and scheduled the on-campus portion for September. Does anyone know what the on-campus portion will entail? Is it just a tour and information session, or is there an interview during this as well? I am just trying to figure out what I need to do to best prepare 

I did the Kira this week. How long after you submitted it did you receive the invitation for the in-person session? 

On 8/29/2024 at 10:40 PM, alib7 said:

It’s an introductory presentation, campus tour, Q&A with current students, and a faculty panel. No interview portion. Completed my in-person session on August 13 and was just accepted this week!!! Good luck to everyone!

Congrats on the acceptance!! What did you wear to this portion? I am debating wearing my blazer and dress pants but was unsure if that would be too overdressed. When in doubt, I would rather be overdressed than underdressed, but I was just curious of your opinion

On 8/30/2024 at 1:05 PM, IowaPA98 said:

I did the Kira this week. How long after you submitted it did you receive the invitation for the in-person session? 

I completed Kira on 8/2, got an email saying they received it and a link to register for the on-campus portion on 8/5! So I would say you should be receiving that second email shortly!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi! I submitted my application back in July, made a portal account, and the status has been "completed" for a while now, but I haven't heard back on anything... Anyone else in the same boat, apply around the same time as me, or heard back recently? I used the chat on their website and she guessed it would be another month or two 😕

5 hours ago, kt1008 said:

Hi! I submitted my application back in July, made a portal account, and the status has been "completed" for a while now, but I haven't heard back on anything... Anyone else in the same boat, apply around the same time as me, or heard back recently? I used the chat on their website and she guessed it would be another month or two 😕

Hi. I too was in the same boat. I applied early June and didn't hear anything for the longest while so i sent an inquiry email asking about the status of my application/saying dmu was my stop school blah blah blah and then 3 days later i got an interview invite. I think they are just on the slower side of things

I just got an interview today! I cannot tell if it makes a difference whether you do the second portion in person or online. I live eight hours away and will come if it is like an actual interview, but I can’t tell if it makes a difference in whether you’re accepted or not. Any advice?

14 hours ago, HopefulPA921 said:

I just got an interview today! I cannot tell if it makes a difference whether you do the second portion in person or online. I live eight hours away and will come if it is like an actual interview, but I can’t tell if it makes a difference in whether you’re accepted or not. Any advice?

I'm also debating this, but from what I've heard, I don't think it matters!!  There is no interview for either of them. Both have a Q&A with program faculty, and the virtual one is in breakout groups on Zoom - so honestly you might have more opportunities for personal interaction that way.