Des Moines 2024-25 Application Cycle

On 6/13/2024 at 10:38 AM, IowaPA98 said:

Hi, starting this year’s thread! Submitted 6/2, verified 6/7. Currently waiting for the “DMU application material review” to be completed. Good luck everyone!

Do you happen to know wht that means? Will DMU be calling every reference number i listed? Because some of the numbers i put were from people i worked with years ago and i don't want DMU to think i was lying and like flag CASPA or something

2 hours ago, libby29 said:

Do you happen to know wht that means? Will DMU be calling every reference number i listed? Because some of the numbers i put were from people i worked with years ago and i don't want DMU to think i was lying and like flag CASPA or something

Libby,

No, I don’t really know what their process is other than they are reviewing what we submitted and letting us know if they need anything more. If you find out more from the school though let me know! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, IowaPA98 said:

My application review was completed today 6/26. Has anyone received an email from them to do the Kira assessment or an interview? 

did they send an email or something or did you keep checking the portal. I submitted/was verified on June 9th and havent heard anything back yet

17 hours ago, libby29 said:

did they send an email or something or did you keep checking the portal. I submitted/was verified on June 9th and havent heard anything back yet

I kept checking the portal. They did not send an email about it. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, raePA2002 said:

One of my friends said she got invited to an interview last week, so hopefully there will be more emails sent within the next few weeks. 

Let’s hope! When did your friend apply, and did they say whether it was the in-person interview or the Kira online questionnaire? 

On 7/13/2024 at 4:12 PM, IowaPA98 said:

Let’s hope! When did your friend apply, and did they say whether it was the in-person interview or the Kira online questionnaire? 

She has an in-person interview. And she's a re applicant from last year. So idk if that has anything to do with it. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2024 at 4:12 PM, IowaPA98 said:

I applied via CASPA June 2, invited on June 21 to complete KIRA assessment and schedule an interview

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, alib7 said:

I applied via CASPA June 2, invited on June 21 to complete KIRA assessment and schedule an interview

Thanks for the followup, and best of luck! I sent you a PM with some more questions if you get the chance. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I did the Kira assessment a few weeks ago and scheduled the on-campus portion for September. Does anyone know what the on-campus portion will entail? Is it just a tour and information session, or is there an interview during this as well? I am just trying to figure out what I need to do to best prepare 

9 hours ago, PAIowa21 said:

I did the Kira assessment a few weeks ago and scheduled the on-campus portion for September. Does anyone know what the on-campus portion will entail? Is it just a tour and information session, or is there an interview during this as well? I am just trying to figure out what I need to do to best prepare 

It’s an introductory presentation, campus tour, Q&A with current students, and a faculty panel. No interview portion. Completed my in-person session on August 13 and was just accepted this week!!! Good luck to everyone!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1