2024-2025 cycle NOVA Ft Myers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, AP19kFPA said:

My application is under review! 😊

Thank you for your interest in Nova Southeastern University. We have received the necessary documents to review your application. Once the review process is complete, you will be notified by the program office.

I received this end of July, I’m assuming the communication you received is different than this message?

15 minutes ago, flpaobgyn said:

Thank you for your interest in Nova Southeastern University. We have received the necessary documents to review your application. Once the review process is complete, you will be notified by the program office.

I received this end of July, I’m assuming the communication you received is different than this message?

Sort of. I spoke with Christy directly 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I currently have 2 LORs, one from a PA and the other from my clinical supervisor, the lead medical assistant. Do you guys think this would satisfy the criteria for the LOR? I have a LOR request pending from an APRN, but she has not submitted her letter for me yet. Should I just go ahead and submit my application?

Sorry if this is a dumb question

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I'm currently a PA student at this location. I've received plenty of help through this forum in the past, so I felt the need to come on here and do the same for you all. 

I am extremely grateful for attending this location. We have some of the best professors and it's very well organized by our program director. The class is usually around 52-54 students. Im currently in my second semester and have been enjoying it thus far. 

It took me two cycles to get in (look at my previous posts for more information on that). Our first round of interviews are in a week or two. They can extend all the way to March/April, so be patient! I received an interview invite late December and had the formal virtual interview in January. I was put on the waitlist but was eventually pulled off. 

The interview process was by the the best part. They're super relaxed and dont try to trick you. Be yourself! Know your application and why you did poor in some classes and well in others. Know your strengths/weaknesses. They didn't ask me any intense questions! Another big thing is to know how to answer the question "tell me about yourself", but DO NOT mention anything on your application. This is NOT what they want to hear. They went through your application thoroughly, so dont make this mistake. If there was a stressful time in your life, talk about it! If you learned from your mistakes, bring that up! They want to see how you've learned from your mistakes and what you did to overcome them. 

Many people choose this school/location based on how pleasing the interview process went. If you get put on the waitlist, dont stress it. The class ahead of me had maybe 15+ people pulled off it, and my class had at least 15 as well. Fort Myers isn't Miami/Tampa/Ft Lauderdale... Yes we have beaches but there isn't an incredible amount of extracurricular activities. Though, it's all about creating friends/bonds with your classmates and none of that will even matter.  

I cant explain enough how happy I am to be part of this program. I wish you all the best of luck, message me if you have any questions! 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MercyFalls said:

Hello everyone, I'm currently a PA student at this location. I've received plenty of help through this forum in the past, so I felt the need to come on here and do the same for you all. 

I am extremely grateful for attending this location. We have some of the best professors and it's very well organized by our program director. The class is usually around 52-54 students. Im currently in my second semester and have been enjoying it thus far. 

It took me two cycles to get in (look at my previous posts for more information on that). Our first round of interviews are in a week or two. They can extend all the way to March/April, so be patient! I received an interview invite late December and had the formal virtual interview in January. I was put on the waitlist but was eventually pulled off. 

The interview process was by the the best part. They're super relaxed and dont try to trick you. Be yourself! Know your application and why you did poor in some classes and well in others. Know your strengths/weaknesses. They didn't ask me any intense questions! Another big thing is to know how to answer the question "tell me about yourself", but DO NOT mention anything on your application. This is NOT what they want to hear. They went through your application thoroughly, so dont make this mistake. If there was a stressful time in your life, talk about it! If you learned from your mistakes, bring that up! They want to see how you've learned from your mistakes and what you did to overcome them. 

Many people choose this school/location based on how pleasing the interview process went. If you get put on the waitlist, dont stress it. The class ahead of me had maybe 15+ people pulled off it, and my class had at least 15 as well. Fort Myers isn't Miami/Tampa/Ft Lauderdale... Yes we have beaches but there isn't an incredible amount of extracurricular activities. Though, it's all about creating friends/bonds with your classmates and none of that will even matter.  

I cant explain enough how happy I am to be part of this program. I wish you all the best of luck, message me if you have any questions! 

Hoping for an invite 🥹

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2024 at 3:48 PM, MercyFalls said:

Did they send out invites already and are starting interviews or actual interviews are happening? Thank you so much for the update!