Dizziness, Epistaxis, Trachs.... OH My! - CME training - feedback needed

Hello, my name is DJ Fenn and I’m a Physician Assistant with over 10 years experience. I completed a post-graduate fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Otolaryngology and head/neck surgery and I recently received multiple messages from providers, and other medical professionals about a CME course in topics in Ear, Nose, & throat disorders without needing to draw from multiple references and conveniently having all of these topics in one easy-to-access location. This would be directed at new PAs, those getting ready to take the PANCE/PANRE, those who want to improve their skills in their current PA role, and PAs changing into a new specialty (Urgent care, ENT, Primary care, Emergency med).

For those who struggled with diagnosing and treating dizziness (Central vs peripheral findings, Dix Hallpike test, Eply maneuver, HINTS exam, vestibular neuritis, labyrinthitis) and knowing about and how to manage tracheostomies, Globus sensation, dysphonia, nasal polyposis, allergic rhinitis, Epistaxis management, classic strep and its complications ( Lemierre's syndrome, peritonsillar abscess) and chronic cough to name a few topics I plan to cover. 

Having been teaching ENT topics as a guest adjunct faculty for the past 9 years at Pacific University I'm considering putting together an online course that would include diagnosis, PE skills, treatment plan, and tips/tricks I’ve honed in my training and what I use daily to help PAs feel more confident and proficient. They can also use their CME funding if provided by their employers. (planning to get approval for this to get Cat 1 CME credit). I want to ensure I cover all topics that would benefit you the most. If interested please fill out my survey below to provide your input! Thank you!!

Edited by DJFenn
  • Upvote 1

@EMEDPA Thank you for your response! I appreciate your input. It can be very difficult to differentiate between central vs peripheral causes of dizziness/vertigo and I've had a lot of my attending docs ask for my help and input on these cases when patients present in the ER. It is a great skill to have!