2024-2025 Rush Application Cycle

For prospective applicants, please see https://www.arc-pa.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/07/Accreditation-History-Rush-Univ-119.pdf

Adverse Action-Accreditation-Probation due to noncompliance concerns regarding

- Sponsoring institutional responsibility for hiring sufficient faculty and staff, ensuring effective program leadership, and a comprehensive ongoing self-assessment process.

- Sponsoring institutional support of the program in securing sufficient clinical sites and preceptors to allow students to meet the program learning outcomes for supervised clinical practice experiences. 

- Sponsoring institutional responsibility to ensure the program director’s knowledge of and responsibility for programmatic review and analysis, and completion of ARC-PA required documents. 

- Provision of sufficient program principal faculty necessary to operate the educational program, comply with the Standards, and fulfill obligations to matriculating and enrolled students. 

- Supervised clinical practice experiences that occur with preceptors who enable students to meet program learning outcomes for Pediatrics

On 8/17/2024 at 4:43 AM, bingsoo said:

Has anyone received any interview invites this month?

I just received an interview on August 21st. While I really like this program, I declined the interview as I got into my top choice. I hope this opens up a spot for someone! 🙂 
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got an interview invite today! First time applicant. Verified 7/11. 3.58 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, post bacc GPA 3.9, 3,000 HCE, 12,000 PCE as a dietitian. I do not have much in terms of leadership or volunteering hours. 72 hours PA shadowing. 5 letters of recommendation (PA, MD, RN, current manager, and professor). Good luck to everyone!

Edited by futurepa4740

On 9/7/2024 at 6:15 PM, futurepa4740 said:

I got an interview invite today! First time applicant. Verified 7/11. 3.58 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, post bacc GPA 3.9, 3,000 HCE, 12,000 PCE as a dietitian. I do not have much in terms of leadership or volunteering hours. 72 hours PA shadowing. 5 letters of recommendation (PA, MD, RN, current manager, and professor). Good luck to everyone!

Good Luck! At least you got an interview... 

I don’t know if any current students check on this forum or maybe others can help me find some clarity, but I have questions. I wish I remembered to ask them during the student panel!

How does the program manage clinical rotations. Do students need to move for each one? How far away might they place you?

What opportunities are there for students to study abroad and what does that look like?

What is the average cost of living in the Chicago area?

Students reported the probation status hasn’t affected their education, but are they worried about graduating from a program if it were to lose accreditation? Do future employers care?