2024-25 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Cweatherly03 said:

I got an email yesterday stating that they did a preliminary review of my application and then sent me a link to complete the supplemental application within 15 days following the email. 

I received one yesterday as well!

3 hours ago, abshelton said:

Just got an email today stating that they received my supplemental application and the admissions committee will review my applications! It says they have rolling admissions and that they will begin conducting interviews in August. 🤞

Same here, just got the same email this morning. Best of luck! 

• Like 1

for the supplemental app, did you all put a verification of shadowing form for every PA you have shadowed with? I have shadowed with like 5 diff PAs and 3 MDs some from a few years ago and i am not sure if i need to put every single one on there...

@ocaepldqd9 I would put every shadowing experience that is also listed on your caspa application that you can easily get the signature of the person from. Just for continuity's sake.  If you can't get someone's signature for a good reason like they changed their contact info, moved across country, ect. Then I would just write UL and tell them the circumstances and maybe put another reference that can vouch for your shadowing hours. It worked for me!  

did you take your casper yet/how did ya do??

Edited by GV101

3 minutes ago, GV101 said:

@ocaepldqd9 I would put every shadowing experience that is also listed on your caspa application that you can easily get the signature of the person from. Just for continuity's sake.  If you can't get someone's signature for a good reason like they changed their contact info, moved across country, ect. Then I would just write UL and tell them the circumstances and maybe put another reference that can vouch for your shadowing hours. It worked for me!  

Ok thanks I guess I just feel kinda weird reaching out when I shadowed like two years ago for only a few hours. The form I submitted confirms my 8 required hours for Lynchburg so I’m kinda tempted to just leave it. When you say worked for me, did you get an interview already? 

@ocaepldqd9 oh no not yet, I just mean there was a PA I shadowed while I was deployed overseas last year. I don't have his contact info or any means to get his signature for the form, so I explained the situation and put down my supervisor instead who would vouch for my shadowing hours. They accepted the hours, at least on the portal it shows green lol so I'm guessing it buffed out! 

and hey! The more shadowing hours you can put down the better! 

Edited by GV101
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2024 at 7:08 PM, PAVA103 said:

Hey everyone, I’m a first year PA student at U of Lynchburg so if anyone has any questions lmk! Also good luck to everyone with an interview tomorrow!

What was the deciding factor as to why you chose to attend UL's PA program? 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2024 at 7:40 AM, GV101 said:

What was the deciding factor as to why you chose to attend UL's PA program? 

The faculty seemed the most invested as compared to all of the other programs and I am confident I was right. They’re 10 years old, have good stats, etc. also cadaver lab was a big plus

• Like 1