Drexel 2024-2025 Cycle

On 7/20/2024 at 1:11 PM, SharanK said:

Congrats!!!! What were your stats if you don't mind sharing

Thank you! Take this with a grain of salt because I really do believe schools look at applicants holistically (fr have had my share of rejections and radio-silence), but since ik I loved to read others' stats too throughout the process:

GPA: cGPA- 3.92, BCP GPA- 3.91, sGPA-3.88

PCE: Total- ~2700 (PT aide, back office MA, medical scribe)

HCE: ~600 between front office MA, medical chart auditor, and athletic training intern

Shadowing: 100 virtual, 0 in-person 💔

Drexel said received 5/17 (same day as verification), in their portal it says received 6/27 so I'm confused. No idea what the holdup would have been, no requests for clarification or anything. I thought I would have heard from them by now, I've already interviewed at other schools and received acceptances so not like it's been radio silence for me this entire time--anyone else?

Also, for anyone who has interviewed already, how did the program seem? Any insight? I know it's highly ranked, but it has interesting attrition rates. I'm wondering what sets it apart from Jefferson CC and Temple assuming a lot of Philly people applied to those three. 

Edited by duck717

12 minutes ago, duck717 said:

Drexel said received 5/17 (same day as verification), in their portal it says received 6/27 so I'm confused. No idea what the holdup would have been, no requests for clarification or anything. I thought I would have heard from them by now, I've already interviewed at other schools and received acceptances so not like it's been radio silence for me this entire time--anyone else?

Also, for anyone who has interviewed already, how did the program seem? I know it's highly ranked, but it has interesting attrition rates. I'm trying to weigh it against Temple and Jefferson CC. 

Hey when did you apply to jefferson just curious

16 minutes ago, duck717 said:

Also, for anyone who has interviewed already, how did the program seem? I know it's highly ranked, but it has interesting attrition rates. I'm trying to weigh it against Temple and Jefferson CC. 

Have you already heard from Jefferson CC? 

3 hours ago, ocaepldqd9 said:

Have you already heard from Jefferson CC? 

Noooo lol I see how it sounds like I did--edited. I don't know what their timeline is, but Temple starts inviting in September. Assuming Jefferson is similar with probably an even bigger pool of applicants. 

3 hours ago, SharanK said:

Hey when did you apply to jefferson just curious

Jefferson verified 5/17 (same day as CASPA), received supplemental 6/5, Jefferson said verified and complete 6/18. Haven't heard anything since then. Based off last year's thread, it looks like people started hearing back late August--lots of September interviews and acceptances.

On 7/27/2024 at 7:03 PM, duck717 said:

Jefferson verified 5/17 (same day as CASPA), received supplemental 6/5, Jefferson said verified and complete 6/18. Haven't heard anything since then. Based off last year's thread, it looks like people started hearing back late August--lots of September interviews and acceptances.

same boat lol

On 7/27/2024 at 3:24 PM, duck717 said:

Also, for anyone who has interviewed already, how did the program seem? Any insight? I know it's highly ranked, but it has interesting attrition rates. I'm wondering what sets it apart from Jefferson CC and Temple assuming a lot of Philly people applied to those three. 

Wait, is there a portal for Drexel to check our application status?

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, AspirePA1 said:

Yeah lol I don’t remember making the portal since they didn’t have a secondary but it definitely shows my application for their PA program there.

21 hours ago, AspirePA1 said:

3 hours ago, duck717 said:

Yeah lol I don’t remember making the portal since they didn’t have a secondary but it definitely shows my application for their PA program there.

I'm so confused...a portal is never mentioned in any emails or on Drexel's website...how did you figure out you had one and how do you get there?

13 hours ago, AspirePA1 said:

How do you get to see or log in to the portal?

11 hours ago, PCtoPA24 said:

I'm so confused...a portal is never mentioned in any emails or on Drexel's website...how did you figure out you had one and how do you get there?

So I applied last year (rejected lol) and they emailed me saying my decision was uploaded to this "Discover Drexel" admissions platform, and they included a link to the site and instructions on creating/resetting my account. I don't know how it would work if you're a first time applicant trying to log into the portal without this email, but when I check my old email the link to login is: https://admissions.drexel.edu/apply/

I just checked for my app this year and it says: "Thank you for your application. Your file is currently complete and under review. A decision has not yet been made on your application to Drexel University. If additional materials are required before an admission decision can be rendered, we will contact you."

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, neetfuturepa said:

So I applied last year (rejected lol) and they emailed me saying my decision was uploaded to this "Discover Drexel" admissions platform, and they included a link to the site and instructions on creating/resetting my account. I don't know how it would work if you're a first time applicant trying to log into the portal without this email, but when I check my old email the link to login is: https://admissions.drexel.edu/apply/

I just checked for my app this year and it says: "Thank you for your application. Your file is currently complete and under review. A decision has not yet been made on your application to Drexel University. If additional materials are required before an admission decision can be rendered, we will contact you."

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much!

And yeah, I don't think they ever sent information about this to first time applicants, but this helps a lot!

• Like 1

On 7/30/2024 at 11:06 AM, PCtoPA24 said:

Idk I just had to do a password reset with their admissions application portal I found and boom there was my application w a date

On 7/27/2024 at 3:24 PM, duck717 said:

this was huge! thanks for the tip. was able to use the same email for caspa and reset my password and given access to the portal. also applied late may and still haven't heard anything back yet, but looks like its still under review. I appreciate you for sharing this info!!

• 2 weeks later...