Chapman University: 2024-2025 Cycle

I got the email for an interview invite on 7/8! Signed up for a date at the end of the month...I'm so nervous. I applied to the program 6/4 and Chapman confirmed receiving my application 6/18! I welcome any interview tips or general words of advice 🙂

For anyone curious, I submitted my application Mid-May. Heard back within a few weeks and interviewed June 16th. Interview was 30 minutes over zoom and very straight forward questions. I interviewed with one faculty member and one former PA. Asked basic questions, why I want to be a PA, any challenges I have overcome, an ethical scenario I have faced, etc. I highly recommend reviewing interview questions from Savannah Perry's book and practicing with a friend or family member until you are confident with your answers. Received acceptance call 4 days later. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 9:55 PM, pacoolio said:

Has anyone interviewed for or heard back from the Simon scholarship program?

Any updates? I've heard of a few people already being awarded from word of mouth but nothing on the forums. Will be submitting soon but just interested to see how many of the 10 have been awarded

Did they tell interviewees from interview days before 7/31 to expect to hear back earliest 2 weeks as well? Just wondering if there’s a chance of hearing back earlier than that. Wondering if they might have said that because the application deadline is 8/1 and they want to consider/interview more applicants before continuing to make decisions!

1 hour ago, pafrog said:

Did they tell interviewees from interview days before 7/31 to expect to hear back earliest 2 weeks as well? Just wondering if there’s a chance of hearing back earlier than that. Wondering if they might have said that because the application deadline is 8/1 and they want to consider/interview more applicants before continuing to make decisions!

from the virtual q&a on my interview date, the students I was with said they got accepted 2 days after their interview and other students in their cohort were accepted 2+ weeks after. i was accepted a week after mine and i don't think there is a specific timeframe that guarantees you admission. i am not sure if everyone accepted has joined the discord, but so far there's only roughly half of 50 students on there so my guess is they'll be accepting and sending waitlists within the next few weeks for all interview dates. 

Edited by chococat
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2024 at 10:57 PM, tacoloverPA said:

Any updates? I've heard of a few people already being awarded from word of mouth but nothing on the forums. Will be submitting soon but just interested to see how many of the 10 have been awarded

I’ve been accepted! I know of one other person who has been accepted, and another who has interviewed.

• 3 weeks later...