• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Romeo said:

Hi! For some reason, I can not find this anywhere on the Stanford website. But can you apply to this program if you have a C? Or are they only accepting B- and up?

Stanford is very funny.

Preparatory Coursework | Master of Science in PA Studies | Stanford Medicine

According to their website, there is no minimum to my knowledge but I would assume like most PA programs, C and up. 

Here are the preferred canidates:

Preference is given to applicants with the following characteristics:

• GPA of 3.5 or greater (overall and science), with course load of 2 or more science/math courses per quarter/semester
  • Absence of D/F/W on transcripts
  • Completion of highly recommended and recommended preparatory coursework
  • Standardized test scores of 50% or greater
  • Exceptional life experiences (distance traveled, award winners, military service, athletic accomplishments, fluency in multiple languages, local, national or international reputation, global health work)
  • Stanford University or Stanford Medicine affiliations
  • Residence in medically underserved or health professional shortage area
  • Applicants with prior leadership experience or potential leadership 
  • Direct patient care experience and hours
  • Research and publications
  • Volunteer work and hours
  • Absence of misdemeanors, felonies, academic probation or loss of professional privileges
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, us280 said:

Hi @GottaHaveFaithPrePA Thanks for your input. When did you apply to Stanford ? Have you had any interview invites elsewhere ?

mid-June, I believe, and no other interview invites yet. Hoping to hear back soon. To my knowledge, only a few Cali PA schools have begun to interview, the rest usually interview August to Februaryish

41 minutes ago, WannabePA00 said:

Im so nervous. I applied on the last day 7/15 and got an email confirmation on 7/19. 

Do we know if interviews will be in person this year? 

"

Interview

After our application review is complete, approximately 10% of applicants will be invited to interview. Interviews will be held in Autumn 2024. All interviews will be panel-style."

This is what I saw from their website, no details on whether or not it will be virtual.

How to Apply | Master of Science in PA Studies | Stanford Medicine

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, applecrunch said:

It's the end of the second week of August... I am dying of suspense... Anyone else? It's been radio silence for me and I applied early May. 

I'm with you. Ask me how many times I've checked my email today. 😆  Fingers crossed. Let me know if you hear anything!

3 hours ago, Sunshine7 said:

I'm with you. Ask me how many times I've checked my email today. 😆  Fingers crossed. Let me know if you hear anything!

I wouldn't be able to answer the number of times I'VE checked my email, even for $1,000,000 Rolling on the floor laughing

Edited by RustyGinger
typo