5 hours ago, chelsterzzz said:

mmm i might not help too much.. since I’m one of the lower gpa applicants but well rounded i say for not having science major too

2.89 overall

2.91 science 

10k+ hands on patient hours - medical assistant in family practice (currently), urgent care, infectious disease clinic, aesthetics, pediatrics 

100 shadowing hours PA
Few hundred volunteer hours - currently animal shelter 

extra curricular: was Vice President  PrePA club at my University Idk if that helped  

enrolled in masters of science program for medical nutrition (last year I didn’t have this but still got interview here but got rejected)

Part of Hometown/CHC scholar this year 

Thank you so much. Your gpa gives me hope. My stats are:

cGPA 3.02 

science gpa 3.3

PCE 2400

Shadowing 100 

Volunteering 55. Have 150 hours more but those are from a long time ago 

I thought my PCE was 3000+, but I realized most programs only look at paid hours as I have 600+ hours during my medical assistant program where I worked with patients as a medical assistant. So I think that would count towards education hours rather than PCE. So I have 2400 paid ones. I want to increase that to 3000+, so I will do overtime and increase my science gpa too in case this cycle doesn’t work out. But first, I am waiting for an interview for this cycle first and keeping my hope🤞 

btw you mean you got interview for this program and go rejected last year or that was for the nutrition program? 

Edited by Madii

3 hours ago, Madii said:

Thank you so much. Your gpa gives me hope. My stats are:

cGPA 3.02 

science gpa 3.3

PCE 2400

Shadowing 100 

Volunteering 55. Have 150 hours more but those are from a long time ago 

I thought my PCE was 3000+, but I realized most programs only look at paid hours as I have 600+ hours during my medical assistant program where I worked with patients as a medical assistant. So I think that would count towards education hours rather than PCE. So I have 2400 paid ones. I want to increase that to 3000+, so I will do overtime and increase my science gpa too in case this cycle doesn’t work out. But first, I am waiting for an interview for this cycle first and keeping my hope🤞 

btw you mean you got interview for this program and go rejected last year or that was for the nutrition program? 

Yeah sorry I got an interview for this program without the masters but got rejected and wanted to make myself a better applicant as well as further my education. 

And you got thissss!!! I’ve been  an MA for 6 years also so that’s why I have lots of hours plus working full time while going to school.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chelsterzzz said:

Yeah sorry I got an interview for this program without the masters but got rejected and wanted to make myself a better applicant as well as further my education. 

And you got thissss!!! I’ve been  an MA for 6 years also so that’s why I have lots of hours plus working full time while going to school.

Thank you. Good luck for your interview. Wishing you all the success! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carly3280 said:

Did anyone who received Step2B and Step2C receive a confirmation email after scheduling their interview? I haven’t yet and I’m not sure if I should reach out to the school! 

Mine is on the 13th and I got my confirmation/links on the 9th! Hope that helps 

2 minutes ago, Carly3280 said:

So you didn’t receive it right after scheduling the interview? My interview is in April so I’m just nervous I messed something up while scheduling it

Nope! I think they just take a while 😅 you should be fine

2 minutes ago, CAteachertoPA said:

Me. I am bummed I thought I did well on 2a and turned it in early or mid January.  I have an acceptance elsewhere so that's good but ATSU is in my hometown so I am really disappointed. 

Yeah. Same very disappointed and sad 😔 I am glad you have acceptance elsewhere. 

Edited by Madii

22 minutes ago, Nooor said:

When did they say that to you guys? End of my interview said may/june 

I interviewed 2/13/24 and I'm pretty sure they said April. What I wrote down about May/June was that by then is when rotation cite placement should be done or what they're trying to have done by then. Honestly it was a lot of info, I could have heard wrong. 

6 minutes ago, PAwithAPASSION said:

Hey guys is it too late to apply to this program ? I have my application verified but not sure if all the interviews are sent out already. Was thinking of submitting and see what happens. Any thoughts ?

They filled all interview spots last we heard. Maybe call and ask?