October 13th Interview!

Hi Everyone!

I figured I would start this thread for all of us interviewing on the 13th! I can't believe it is coming up so soon and I'm really excited. Stony Brook is my top choice and such a GREAT program. I live on Long Island, and spent part of my undergrad time at Stony Brook as well so if anyone traveling has any questions about the area I hope I can help! I will be in the morning session this Saturday, anyone else??

Look forward to seeing you all!

Nicole

I was a competitive gymnast my whole life and we always said that-Nerves are good, it means you really want this!

It is nice to hear that the interview is personal and not situated like an interrogation, seems like they really want to get to know us.

Have a good trip up,the weather is starting to get cool here!

I will also be there on the 13th, but the afternoon session travelling from NYC. Stony Brook is also my top school, ever since I decided to pursue PA about three years ago as a sophomore in college! So I am also nervous and excited as well. Good luck to everyone.

Good luck to everyone that has interviews on oct 13. Its natural to be nervous, but everyone there is really nice. I had an interview in September and i got in. Truly the best advice i could give is to be yourself and give honest, genuine answers. To get this close is already a sign of your character. Good luck!

-trisect

I'll be in the afternoon session as well. Is anyone taking the long island rail road to get there? I don't really have access to a car so I think I'll go with the LIRR. I'm just nervous about the shuttle bus that is supposed to pick people up from the station. Is it right near the station?

Im travelling by LIRR as well when I went to the open house I didnt see shuttle bus so I walked I am pretty sure I remember my way there the train will be arriving early so it is more than enough time to figure out where the shuttle bus is or just walk if all else fails.

I went to stony brook for Undergrad for one year- the shuttles were always reliable ( we had to take one from the undergrad parking lot to the main campus). They are big school busses and on the front they have a screen that says what "loop" it is. http://naples.cc.sunysb.edu/Admin/HRSForms.nsf/pub/PRKD0001/$FILE/PRKD0001.pdf this is the link to the bus system- the stop is right at the train station and the drivers are always helpful, just ask and they can assure you that they are stopping near the hospital. If you find yourself walking through campus with the extra time, when you make it to the life science buildings there is an under pass that goes through to the HSC part of campus and the hospital. This is so you dont have to run across Nicolls Road :)

Hi Everyone! So excited and extremely nervous for the interview at my top choice program :) I will be interviewing in the afternoon session, and also will be traveling by the LIRR from Manhattan to get to Stony Brook. I was wondering if anyone who previously traveled by train from NYC to LI knows how long it approximately takes? Good luck to all and I am looking forward to meeting everyone :)

Archived