2022 - 2023 UNE Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, PurpleMibsee said:

Just got an email from them. I literally just jumped out of my seat when I saw the subject line “you’re invited to spend time on Portland Maine”  thinking it was an interview invite, but it was just an invitation to their open house 😅

Same here, they really should've put a different subject hahahaha

12 minutes ago, PurpleMibsee said:

Just got an email from them. I literally just jumped out of my seat when I saw the subject line “you’re invited to spend time on Portland Maine”  thinking it was an interview invite, but it was just an invitation to their open house 😅

I just got this email too and was hoping it was more than an open house invite lol 

32 minutes ago, hannah9379 said:

When did you submit? Maybe reach out to admissions, I received multiple emails as my app moved through each stage

honestly, i submitted it last wednesday (i know waiting last minute - but i was hoping i could get a fee waiver and didnt realize there was a difference between complete and verified). im very new to this caspa applications but didnt read the FAQs. turns out it just got verified yesterday which is past the deadline.... i emailed them asking if they would still consider bc i paid for it but i expect them to say no.

10 minutes ago, crotonslover said:

honestly, i submitted it last wednesday (i know waiting last minute - but i was hoping i could get a fee waiver and didnt realize there was a difference between complete and verified). im very new to this caspa applications but didnt read the FAQs. turns out it just got verified yesterday which is past the deadline.... i emailed them asking if they would still consider bc i paid for it but i expect them to say no.

That's terrible, the application is so tricky to do perfectly. I think you did the right thing by reaching out though, hopefully they get back to you soon. It took about 5 days for me to get my initial confirmation email 

5 hours ago, Oreoblue said:

Hi! I got the invite to the open house as well. I'm from the west coast, if I can't make it does it hurt my chances?

And for those who received an interview, is it virtual or in-person? Thanks!

I don't think it will hurt your chances, I think it is mostly just to give applicants a chance to make sure that the program is a good fit. Especially where you are coming from the west coast, without a specific interview invite I don't think they expect you to make the trip unless that is something you desire to do. 

On 10/6/2022 at 2:46 AM, Oreoblue said:

Hi! I got the invite to the open house as well. I'm from the west coast, if I can't make it does it hurt my chances?

And for those who received an interview, is it virtual or in-person? Thanks!

don't think so! I got the email last year for the open house and didn't attend but received an interview invite this year 😊

On 10/3 they emailed me: 

"Thank you for your interest in the University of New England's PA program. The Office of Graduate Admissions has received your verified CASPA application for the entering class of 2023 and has completed a preliminary review.

Your application is being held for additional review at a later date due to a lower overall GPA and/or BCP GPA. As we progress through the cycle you may receive notice of a change in status based on the competitiveness of the applicant pool at that time...."

has anyone else received this?

9 hours ago, KaylanG said:

On 10/3 they emailed me: 

"Thank you for your interest in the University of New England's PA program. The Office of Graduate Admissions has received your verified CASPA application for the entering class of 2023 and has completed a preliminary review.

Your application is being held for additional review at a later date due to a lower overall GPA and/or BCP GPA. As we progress through the cycle you may receive notice of a change in status based on the competitiveness of the applicant pool at that time...."

Well that's definitely more hopeful than a rejection email! So way to go!

As of today (Oct 11) I have not received that email myself. I wonder if that means I'm no longer being considered:/ I remember UNE was one of the last schools to email rejections last year.

Also, I wonder if that email means they've accepted their full class from interviews the last few weeks and now they're waiting to see who commits to the program before deciding to do another round of interviews. 

If you don't mind, can you post your stats on here so I can see how I compare? 

15 hours ago, KaylanG said:

On 10/3 they emailed me: 

Hello! I also received that email a few months back. Just been patiently waiting to hear something new! Best of luck!