PA Applicant Seeking Shadowing Opportunities/PA Mentors in Central MA

Hi all,

I am seeking a shadowing opportunity in or near the central Massachusetts area before I apply to PA programs in the upcoming cycle. A bit about myself - I attended the University of Miami and graduated with a degree in Health Science this past December. I have worked as an EMT and currently work as a medical assistant at a local pediatric practice to experience working with patients. 

I am hoping to gain firsthand experience with the profession by shadowing a practicing PA-C in any specialty. I have attended virtual shadowing sessions with PAs but feel as though an in-person shadowing opportunity (and mentor if possible) would allow me to get a better grasp on the PA’s role within a healthcare team and insight on the day-to-day of the profession. I am located in Worcester county, but will travel anywhere for an opportunity like this.

If you, or someone you know, are willing to open your doors to me so I can observe and learn about the profession, please send me a PM, email me at jackcgingrich@gmail.com, or leave a comment below. Thank you for your time and consideration!

Edited by jackgingrich