Rutgers 2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 7/1/2020 at 2:05 AM, cheynya said:

Hi sorry they rejected you, do you mind sharing your stats? I’m a pretty mediocre applicant & feel like my rejection from their program is imminent

Received an interview, my stats, application and journey were non-traditional, don't count yourself out and tell your story about why you're unique and you rock! 3.20 cGPA, 3.52 sGPA, significant upward trend, 4.00 GPA Last 62 credits, 4k PCE hours as an ER Tech, EMT, urgent care tech, phlebotomy tech and physical therapy aide. 319 GRE, sent my scores to offset freshman year academics and support my upward trend. Spent five years in the business sector before healthcare, paid for my own college education. Wrote a bomb personal statement and gathered great LOR's; 2 MDs, 1 PA, 1 PhD professor from clinical hematology. Believe in yourself and trust your journey! 

Good luck everyone!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, sc215266 said:

Received an interview, my stats, application and journey were non-traditional, don't count yourself out and tell your story about why you're unique and you rock! 3.20 cGPA, 3.52 sGPA, significant upward trend, 4.00 GPA Last 62 credits, 4k PCE hours as an ER Tech, EMT, urgent care tech, phlebotomy tech and physical therapy aide. 319 GRE, sent my scores to offset freshman year academics and support my upward trend. Spent five years in the business sector before healthcare, paid for my own college education. Wrote a bomb personal statement and gathered great LOR's; 2 MDs, 1 PA, 1 PhD professor from clinical hematology. Believe in yourself and trust your journey! 

Good luck everyone!!!

Thanks for this, & congrats on your interview invite! did you ever receive a “your application has been chosen for the next round of screening” email or straight to interview? 

1 hour ago, cheynya said:

Thanks for this, & congrats on your interview invite! did you ever receive a “your application has been chosen for the next round of screening” email or straight to interview? 

I received an initial email stating my application was received, and was offered an interview in a subsequent email a week and a half later. Good luck!!!

• Upvote 1

@Alaboy Was the email on 7/2 a follow-up to the original email saying that your app is complete? If so, what wording did the use? 

The email on 7/2 was a follow up to the first email stating that they received my app. The email on 7/2 stated that my app was selected to move on to the next round of screening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Nice... I applied early June and never got an e-mail after the initial one which is depressing lol ... this school seems super proactive with reaching out to candidates they're interested in within a week or so [emoji20] 

One step at a time!! I hear of so MANY people getting accepted weeks before the even program starts. Keep your head up, you’re still in this!!!

• Like 1

With all the interview invites already being sent out, would I even stand a chance to submit? This would be my second year applying but first time for Rutgers and this would be the 12th school I’m adding on if I do, fearing not getting in again this year 😓

cGPA: 3.6, B.S. biology

sGPA: 3.5

HCE: ~3000 hrs as a front office medical assistant in a primary care office

PCE: ~2200 hrs as a CNA

PA shadowing: 40 hrs with ortho/urgent care, derm, cardiothoracic surgery

Volunteering: ~300 hrs both abroad on mission trips and locally at clinics for overseas fishermen

GRE: 310, 4.5 writing

With all the interview invites already being sent out, would I even stand a chance to submit? This would be my second year applying but first time for Rutgers and this would be the 12th school I’m adding on if I do, fearing not getting in again this year [emoji29]

Volunteering: ~300 hrs both abroad on mission trips and locally at clinics for overseas fishermen

My stats are wayyyyyyyy lower than yours and I received the email that I moved on so lol ya apply

With all the interview invites already being sent out, would I even stand a chance to submit? This would be my second year applying but first time for Rutgers and this would be the 12th school I’m adding on if I do, fearing not getting in again this year [emoji29]

You will never know until you try! [emoji16]

On 7/7/2020 at 3:58 PM, tammyrins said:

With all the interview invites already being sent out, would I even stand a chance to submit? This would be my second year applying but first time for Rutgers and this would be the 12th school I’m adding on if I do, fearing not getting in again this year 😓

I would apply! I just did this week, waiting on verification and your stats in some areas are better than mine! 

7 minutes ago, PaToBe1413 said:

Hey everyone,

Just got a follow up email for my interview date and schedule on August 4th! Best of luck everyone!

Hey that's great! When were you verified to Rutgers? I've also received an interview invite but have not heard back regarding the set date yet. I wish the very best of luck to you! 

2 hours ago, KennedyUmich2019 said:

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? I hope your interview goes well!

Thank you!!! I’m super excited!

cGPA: 3.51 (last 80 credits: 3.95)

sGPA: 3.80

pre-req GPA: 3.74

PCE: ~1100, EMT
HCE: ~2880, scribe

applied with 2 outstanding pre-reqs, which will be completed by 9/1/20. happy to answer any other questions!

good luck! 🙂