Adventist university Orlando 2019-2020 application cycle

1 hour ago, Patricia5827 said:

What’s everyone stats?

GPA: 3.59 // Science GPA: 3.50 // Non-Science GPA: 3.73

GRE: 288 (verbal: 143, quantitative: 145, writing: 3.5)

PCE: 556 hours (Nurse Intern: 256 hours, CNA: 300 hours)

Shadowing: 212 hours (Cardiovascular Surgeon: 176 hours and his surgical PA: 36 hours)

Volunteer: 28 hours (1 semester - I volunteered at an Equine Therapy Facility that worked with children with disabilities) 

Honestly not anything too special, but I think I was able to get some pretty strong LOR that may have helped. Hope this helps 🙂

• Like 1

For those wondering about stats of applicants who received interviews, here are mine:

Overall GPA: 3.94

Science GPA: 3.87

GRE: 300.5

PCE: over 4000 hrs as an inpatient phlebotomist

Shadowing: 24 hrs

Volunteering: 100 hrs

Major congrats to everyone who has made it this far. Even if you have not scored an interview yet, working towards this profession is so admirable. Getting into PA school is HARD and everyday you are one step closer. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 1/28/2020 at 11:32 AM, TazPA said:

Does anyone know what days interviews are already set for? I see February 18th, are there any others?

From what I understood from the email we all have to be there on the 18th and then we call the set up a second interview on either the 19th, 20th, or the 21st. 

Also, out of curiosity, does anyone know how many people they typically interview??

Edited by kPrePA97k

Hello everyone!

My name is Jasmine. I am a current student of AdventHealth University at the Class of 2021 Class President! Congratulations on those of received an invitation for an interview. This is a great accomplishment and a sign that your hardwork is about to pay off. For those of you who received an email to participate in the interview process, there was a notice that explained that there will be student led initiatives during the week. Please be sure to reach out for information about those events as soon as possible so we can get a proper head count. 

Again, congratulations and I look forward to meeting you all!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jazzyjazzw said:

Hello everyone!

My name is Jasmine. I am a current student of AdventHealth University at the Class of 2021 Class President! Congratulations on those of received an invitation for an interview. This is a great accomplishment and a sign that your hardwork is about to pay off. For those of you who received an email to participate in the interview process, there was a notice that explained that there will be student led initiatives during the week. Please be sure to reach out for information about those events as soon as possible so we can get a proper head count. 

Hello Jasmine,

Thank you for your post. What to expect for the written and group project parts? Any tips for the interview?

I look forward to meet you also!

My advice for the written portion of the interview is to make sure you make a complete thought. The essay should include an introduction, body, and conclusion. Make sure its is not just a run on sentence with no “meat and potatoes”!

As for the group interviews there are a combination of a group situational/ethical topic you will be asked to discuss amongst your group members. There are no wrong answers! Just be yourself and show off your personality. 

The evaluators have already looked at your academic statistics and that is the main reason you were given an interview. Now they want to see who you are as a person, so make sure to show them that!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jazzyjazzw said:

My advice for the written portion of the interview is to make sure you make a complete thought. The essay should include an introduction, body, and conclusion. Make sure its is not just a run on sentence with no “meat and potatoes”!

As for the group interviews there are a combination of a group situational/ethical topic you will be asked to discuss amongst your group members. There are no wrong answers! Just be yourself and show off your personality. 

The evaluators have already looked at your academic statistics and that is the main reason you were given an interview. Now they want to see who you are as a person, so make sure to show them that!

Thank you Jasmine for your advises, am I going to meet you on the 18th?

On 2/9/2020 at 9:59 AM, Jazzyjazzw said:

Hello everyone!

Hi Jasmine,

Can you please further explain what the student led initiatives are? I was a little lost when I saw them in the email. TIA