2019-2020 Application

@aalyssa17 Love that you were atleast invited to interview, rock on! How was their whole process? Did you feel comfortable there? Did you feel confident after their interview? Were you surprised you were waitlisted? I interviewed last year at three places and felt like I was under prepared, my nerves got the best of me... and they just go so FAST!

On 8/2/2019 at 3:47 PM, Reeannuh said:

@aalyssa17 Love that you were atleast invited to interview, rock on! How was their whole process? Did you feel comfortable there? Did you feel confident after their interview? Were you surprised you were waitlisted? I interviewed last year at three places and felt like I was under prepared, my nerves got the best of me... and they just go so FAST!

This is my first time applying, I haven't been offered an interview yet! I was just curious of the students stats for those offered interviews last year.

Hi guys. I am a current student at this program. I am a little over half a quarter in. The way that Davis picks their students is a little bit different than most schools. The main purpose of the interview is to get a general sense of your personality, make sure you'll fit in with the culture of the program, and look for any "red flags." The secondary is your chance to really shine and tell them what makes you unique.

• Upvote 6

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:57 AM, shells77 said:

Hi guys. I am a current student at this program. I am a little over half a quarter in. The way that Davis picks their students is a little bit different than most schools. The main purpose of the interview is to get a general sense of your personality, make sure you'll fit in with the culture of the program, and look for any "red flags." The secondary is your chance to really shine and tell them what makes you unique.

Thank you for the insight. When did you receive your interview request and do they have more then one interview session?

Also could you tell us what the secondary application was like? Was it more essay style questions?

Thanks again!

@shells77 wonderful insight, thank you! What's the best part of the program so far? How much studying are you doing in a given week for your comfort level? Do you remember what you talked about during your interview regarding your uniqueness? Did you come from out of state? I currently live in TN and wanted to get some reference about travel & housing agendas! 

On 5/24/2019 at 12:44 PM, idau85 said:

Hi, I wanted to ask if you can please share your thoughts on the program. It's the only program in the country where NP and PA study together, what is that like? I also heard that there is a lot of independent study in this program, is this true? What is the percentage you must get on exams before you have to remediate? Did anyone in your class decelerate or leave the program?

Current student. We were in most classes together with about 20 NPs. They are phasing this out to separate the programs but I don’t know when that takes effect. Class for us was on average 4 days a week with 8 hour days give or take. Not sure what you mean by independent study. PA school in general requires a lot of time outside the classroom, on your own, learning material. You can not get below a 70% on an exam without remediation. Some individuals took time off due to personal reasons but no one dropped out as far as I'm aware. Hope this answers your questions. 

Edited by PA20189

On 8/1/2019 at 11:01 AM, vxferruf said:

Hey guys!

This is my second time applying to UC Davis. I was waitlisted the first time I applied (2017-2018 cycle) Is anyone a reapplicant here? I was wondering if they keep track of reapplicants or previously waitlisted applicants. The CASPA application didn’t ask if I was a reapplicant or what I have done to improve my application overall...

I am also a reapplicant! I was waitlisted last year, so I'm giving it another go since this is my first choice. I am hoping that they keep track of the waitlisted reapplicants... that would give me a little more confidence/hope

On 8/1/2019 at 11:01 AM, vxferruf said:

Hey guys!

This is my second time applying to UC Davis. I was waitlisted the first time I applied (2017-2018 cycle) Is anyone a reapplicant here? I was wondering if they keep track of reapplicants or previously waitlisted applicants. The CASPA application didn’t ask if I was a reapplicant or what I have done to improve my application overall...

I am not a re-applicant to UC Davis, but I am a second-time applicant to PA programs.  How was the interview for UC Davis the first time around?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 2:07 PM, RachaelM said:

As we get closer to interview invites being sent out, I just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck. I know we all have worked incredibly hard to get to where we are. Best of luck to everyone! Well wishes all around! 

good luck everyone! I'm excited to be even applying this cycle regardless of the outcome it will only prepare me for next cycle! 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LolaGiwa said:

Hey Everyone! Goodluck to all of us! I'm hopefully that we hear back this week. Last year was on a Friday and the year before was on a Tuesday on the last week of September. So fingers crossed. I live on the East coast, so would that be 5 pm California time? 

Sooner rather than later I hope! I think 5 PM here on the west coast, so 8 PM for you. Good luck! 

• Like 1