Looking to Shadow a PA in Chicago, IL

• 5 months later...

Hi, I know this is an old post (and perhaps I'll make a new thread later on) but I'm also looking to shadow a PA in the Chicago area. If anyone has any info (including OP), please PM me!! Thanks :)

I've already written some PA orgs and contacted a doc in the fam to try to set something up for a PA shadowing, but so far no dice.

• 5 weeks later...

hey, it took me months trying to locate some pas to shadow .. i contacted iapa, the il chapter of aapa and they gave me a list of registered pa mentors who may be willing to let me shadow them .. only one replied, and she was a good hr and a half south from where i lived but i ended up going anyway .. she practiced family practice but was an amazing mentor and i learned a lot from her and she ended up writing me a great recommendation letter, which played a role in getting me accepted to 9 schools so far .. she also referred me to 3 other pas practicing in ortho, general surgery, and occupational medicine in neighboring cities and i shadowed them as well .. i later found a pa in aurora who practices in gastroenterology and shadowed her for a bit, but i learned way more from the pas i shadowed initially .. got some good hands on experience .. ill post the contact info for the pa that got back to me whom i shadowed down south as well as the one in aurora .. good luck!

jenny steffen, family practice

alfsteffen@verizon.net

shifa patel, gastroenterology

pager: 630.218.3148

work: 630.906.9720

• 2 weeks later...

Archived