From 5000 to 3000

It was 3000 for me 17 hours ago but now it says 5000. Looks like it was a typo and they fixed it. Let's see what happens in the next 23 days.

I agree, When I am looking at the home page it says 3,000. But when I click on the Essay link, it says 5,000. Hopefully they decide on the actual number :)

Here's the response from CASPA customer support for those applying for 2015-2016. When initially inquired, he/she had told me that the character limit will most likely remain as 3,000 for 2015-16 cycle. After few days, they emailed back with this clarification message. It seems that 5,000 characters will be the limit for this cycle. See below.

Good afternoon,

Please disregard the previous email--I have spoken with my manager and it looks like the character count will be 5,000 for the 2015-16 cycle.

I apologize for the confusion!

Please contact CASPA if you have any further questions. Our phone number is 617-612-2080 Monday – Friday 9am – 5PM EST or at caspainfo@caspa.org 

Best Regards,

CASPA Customer Support

617-612-2080 | caspainfo@caspaonline.org

Archived